CHADITE: AMERICA'S CUP TECHNOLOGYThe Cast Iron Bath has been around for over 100 years and the look and feel of them take a lot of beating. The main drawbacks of this material are :
* Weight , The weight of and Average Roll Top Iron Bath range from 170 - 300 Kg
Delivery can also be a big problem getting the bath up stairs to the Bathroom without chipping the surface can be a nightmare.
* Cold Surface, Cast Iron Draws the heat from the water leaving the water tepid and the surface cold to the touch.
* Large carbon Footprint Mining the material Transporting it and high temperatures to Cast it .
A radical new look was needed to take bath design and performance to a new level.
The Challenge for Martin Chadder was to design and manufacture a range of Baths which took their heritage from the past, but their manufacturing technology from the future.
With Close links with the Yachting and Marine Industry Martin has used the Latest Developments in Marine Technology to manufacture and develop his new Products.
The Main goals of the C.C.T. (Chadder Composite Technology) program was to produce a new manufacturing process and Material which had the following qualities :
- The look and Feel of Cast iron
- Easy to clean , Chadite has a Teflon Coating for easy cleaning
- Was a fraction of the Weight , but still sounded solid, Baths approx 90Kg
- Warm to the Touch and Good thermal properties to retain the heat in the water
- Easily transported and delivered to clients all over the world.